Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Purebred Oberhasli in SW Ohio

I've been remiss about blogging. Just never seem to get to it. However, I'll try harder to post and put pictures up.

Last August I shipped in 8 purebred Oberhasli kids from Texas. Many thanks to Laura Rivard. She wants pictures but I've been remiss there, also. I promise to try to get those up soon. I love pictures, too.

These does are yearlings now and each and every one of them is a good looking and healthy young doe. Of course, I have my favorites. Here are the names in case you want to look them up:

Rivard-Farm Zorro's Cashew
Rivard-Farm Lucious Lilly [polled]
Rivard-Farm Wonder Woman
Rivard-Farm Sapphire's Summer [twin to next]
Rivard-Farm Star Sapphire
Rivard-Farm Lime-x Artemis
Rivard-Farm Zorro's Victoria
Rivard-Farm Limex Sweet Dreams

Purebred [PB] Oberhasli are descendents of the Pence Importation of Oberhasli in the '30s.

I have made a big effort to get PB semen in the tank to use. Some of these are:

Destiny Farm Duncan
Y-Knot Time to Dance
Commancheland Rewind
Meadowsong Rewind Yuri
Meadowsong Levi Amos

I'll post it if I get any good AIs settled. If you have any information at all about these does or bucks, I'd love to chat.

Information about American Oberhasli in the herd will be in the next post.

No comments: